Recently while working in a SharePoint 2013 migration project I got an error while opening few subsites in a particular site collection. Few subsites were opening but few were giving error while opening the subsites. The error coming was:
Sorry, Something Went Wrong
File Not Found.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 78b44b9d-2ed1-a03f-5a1f-a36fbdd3fe67
Date and Time: 12/15/2015 8:44:38 PM
Just to let you know that these were SharePoint 2013 sites that were migrated from MOSS 2007 using the database upgrade approach. First, we move from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2010 and then from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
We did a few analyses with the correlation id but we did not get any information on that. Even we were not able to browse the settings page or any other page also.
Then we found out that we will browser the sites from the content structure it started opening. For this, we go to the Settings page and then click on Click on “Content and structure” link which is under Site Administration. Then select the particular subsite and right click and click on Open Link in New Window.
Then it started working.
But another problem occurred was when we checked the same sites in next day, it again gave the same error. Again if we open the sites from content and structure once, it started opening. So the solution did not work.
So finally what we did is, we have to remigrate the sites from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2013 (Copy and Paste) by using a 3rd party migration tool.
And finally, it started working.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Error were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.
- SharePoint 2013: Logs for Analyzing or troubleshooting the issues related to workflows or Workflow Manager
- Sorry something went wrong the file masterurl custom.master is not a valid master page
- SharePoint 2013 Error Server Error in Application The resource cannot be found
- The server could not complete your request SharePoint designer 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Image was not appearing in IE
- The URL Pages Default.aspx is invalid SharePoint
Here we learned how to solve file not found error in SharePoint 2013 while opening subsites.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.