In this post we will discuss how to resolve error “Failed to provision the SharePoint Central Administration Web Application”. Also you can check out:
– Difference between Sharepoint 2010 and Sharepoint 2013
– Enable Anonymous access to a SharePoint 2013 site
– Sequential vs State machine workflows in SharePoint 2010
Failed to provision the SharePoint Central Administration Web Application.
An exception of type System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was thrown. Additional exception information: Filename: \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\46824\web.config
Line number: 25
Error: There is a duplicate ‘system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler’ section defined
You need to configure IIS features options.IIS Options can be configure from
Control Panel-> Programs and Features -> Turns Windows Feature On Off
If you are getting this issue in sharepoint reinstallation , then open IIS manger ->delete Central Administration V4 site and Central Administration V4 app poolm and Re-run the SharePoint administration configuration wizard.it will works fine.
1. Clear the cache
delete all XML file and open cache.ini, then set the number to 1
2. Open IIS and go to SharePoint Web Services, right click add permissions
3. Add the domain user (I used domain admin) and grant full control
4. Return the SharePoint 2012 wizard finish the wizard.