In this post, we will discuss how to resolve the error “Failed to create the configuration database” which comes at the time of SharePoint 2013 installation.
I got the error when I installed the SharePoint Foundation 2013 in Windows Server 2008 R2. I created the virtual box development Environment. See in fig
“Failed to create the configuration database.
An exception of type System.InvalidOperationException was thrown. Additional exception information: A failure occurred SPDistributedCacheServiceInstance::Provision() Available memory is ‘122’ MB, needed memory ‘202’ MB.”
Failed to create the configuration database
Increase the configured memory in the virtual box from your initial memory up to more than 3072 MB. Now SharePoint Foundation 2013 installation successfully.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Shrink SharePoint config database transaction log files
- SHAREPOINT\System account in SharePoint
- This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns it contains exceeds the threshold (8) enforced by the administrator
- InfoPath 2103 string-before and string-after function in SharePoint 2013/2010
- InfoPath Replace function in SharePoint 2013
- Print multiple InfoPath form views in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- How to enable item level permission in SharePoint list or document library
- Change URL of List or document Library using SharePoint Designer 2010
I hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial helps to solve Failed to create the configuration database error which comes while installing SharePoint.
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.