Recently while working in a migration project I got the error which says, Export to database failed. to export a list you must have a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
The exact message comes as:
Export to database failed. To export a list, you must have a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application. It looks like below:
SharePoint access export to database failed
In our scenario, we have Office 2013 was installed. After googling and installing Service Pack 2 for Office 2010 solve our problem.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create and Manage Task List in SharePoint
- Change column ordering in list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Different ways to create auto increment column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint
- The file filename is not checked out
- Make Title field read-only in SharePoint list edit form using JSLink
- SharePoint 2013: Export survey results to excel
- Export list names into CSV using PowerShell in SharePoint
- Export Excel Data to SharePoint 2013 list from Excel itself
- Unable to create survey list in SharePoint Online
This SharePoint tutorial we learned how to fix the error, Export to database failed. To export a list you must have a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.