Export SharePoint designer List workflow from one site to another site
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2010 workflow tutorial explains, how can we export SharePoint designer list workflow from one site to another in SharePoint 2010. We developed and tested the workflow on a testing environment and now wants to move to the production environment without the need to re-develop the workflow.
The steps to perform this is rather simple:
1. Export the workflow to Visio.
2. Edit the VWI archive and delete the configuration file.
3. Import the workflow back to your destination site.
First we will export all files from the first site.
Open you site in SharePoint designer -> All Files -> Workflows -> Open your workflow.
Then select all files and click on Export as shown in the fig below:
1. Open Second Site in SharePoint Designer 2010
2. Then go to All Files -> Workflows. Here Create same workflow folder of the site first name.
3. Then create a Blank workflow inside the folder and then copy List ID, TaskListID and HistoryListID.
4. Open xoml.wfconfig.xml in Notepad, Then find the Association tag and very carefully change the GUIDs so that your migrated List IDs are the same as the “Site 2 List” workflow List IDs. Check fig below:
5. Save the file.
6. Close SharePoint Designer.
7. Open SharePoint Designer 2010 again and open your site.
8. Instead of All Files, this time click on Workflows.
9. Select your workflow, then Save and Publish the workflow.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- Create approval workflow SharePoint 2010 using SharePoint designer
- Create Workflow Activity using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Create a Sequential workflow using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Project Site Creation Using Nintex Workflows 2013 based on an Enterprise Project Type
- SharePoint Online Video: Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- How to hide approve reject workflow approval button from ribbon in SharePoint online using CSS?
Hope this article will be helpful to export SharePoint designer List workflow from one site to another site.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.