In this SharePoint tutorial, we will learn how to export excel file data to a SharePoint 2013/2016 list from the excel itself. Let’s say I have one excel which has few records and I want to upload those data to a SharePoint 2013 list. Remember this will not sync, it will be a one time upload to SharePoint list.
You can do the same things by using the Import Spreadsheet app. Check out more: Upload Excel Data to SharePoint using the Import Spreadsheet option in SharePoint 2013.
Export Excel Data to SharePoint list from Excel itself
Here before doing anything, Make sure your excel file is ready with a proper header (the header columns will be created as a column name in the SharePoint list). And also make sure few records are there.
Now Open the excel file. Select the records including the header row. Then from the INSERT tab in the excel click on Table. It will show a Create Table pop up window. There select the My table has headers checkbox as shown in the fig below:
Then from the Design tab in Excel, click Export and select “Export Table to SharePoint List”.
Then it will open the Export Table to SharePoint List wizard. In the First step Enter the Site URL. Name and Description. This will be the Name of the list and description for the list. See fig below:
Next, it will show the Column Names, Data Type. Verify and click on Finish as shown in the fig below:
Once finished it will display the successful message like below:
Now when you open the site you will be able to see the SharePoint List with data as shown in the fig below:
You may like following SharePoint excel tutorials:
- The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import in SharePoint
- View in File Explorer is missing in SharePoint Online Modern document library
- SharePoint 2013: Export survey results to excel
- Excel Service to import SSAS Cubes and Generating Pivot tables in SharePoint BI
- Excel service to import external database using secure store connection in SharePoint
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Publishing and Synchronizing Excel tables to SharePoint
- Export selected record to excel in SharePoint 2013
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to export excel data to SharePoint list from excel itself.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com