This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve error “Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))” which comes in SharePoint server 2019. This is a very generic exception message in SharePoint and that may be cause several reasons. Few days before I received the same exception after did security update for SharePoint Server 2019: March 12, 2019.
After I update the security patches my SharePoint 2019 central admin stopped working and nothing was working in SharePoint. So after a few more tried I got the root cause of the issue.
Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))
The Root cause of the issue is the below three services are having the problem after I have applied the patches in the SharePoint Server 2019 and has the issue with the SecurityTokenApplication Service in the IIS Server.
- AppFabric Caching Service.
- Microsoft Project Server Events Service 2016.
- SharePoint Timer Service.
So I have uninstalled the Security patches applied on the SharePoint Server 2019 & IIS Server also, Stopped all the SharePoint Webservices.
I have done the below steps for the resolving the issue.
- Reinstalled the IIS Server and Reconfiguration has done.
- Reinstalled the Security patches applied on the SharePoint Server 2019.
- Reconfiguration on the SharePoint Products Wizard Configuration has done.
- Restarted all the SharePoint Webservices.
Currently, my SharePoint 2019 Server is fully working. If still, you have the same problem then feel free to let me know.
You may like following SharePoint server 2019 tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019 (SAML) Claims provider for authentication in TermStore has been fixed
- [Solved] The blob cache is not enabled in this web application. Image renditions will not be generated until the blob cache is enabled error in SharePoint 2019
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating subsites
- Top 13 SharePoint 2019 new features + Deprecated and Removed Features in SharePoint 2019 Public Preview
- SharePoint 2019 psconfig upgrade freezed at task2
- Create Modern Team Site in SharePoint 2019 (On-premise)
- Download SharePoint 2019 for Production Use Now
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported in 32-bit process. Please verify that you are running in a 64-bit executable
- Check out SharePoint 2013, 2016, 2010 and Moss 2007 End of Support Roadmap, Plan to Migrate to SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019
- SharePoint 2019/2016/2013 Hardware and Software Requirements
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to learn how to resolve Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION)) error which comes in SharePoint server 2019.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).