This SharePoint tutorial explains how to fix an error “Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list” which usually comes when you export the list to a spreadsheet.
Also sometimes you will get the error message as Cannot connect to the server at this time. Changes to your Data cannot be saved. You can try the solution below but I am not sure it is the best solution.
Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list
Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools -> Options then go to Advanced Settings. Scroll and go to the Security Section.
By default “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” option is checked. Uncheck that and click on OK as shown in the fig below:
Now close the browser and open the SharePoint site in a new browser window. The error should not come now.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013: Export survey results to excel
- Excel Service to import SSAS Cubes and Generating Pivot tables in SharePoint BI
- Excel service to import external database using secure store connection in SharePoint
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Unable to reach excel calculation services error event id 5231 error in SharePoint
- Publishing and Synchronizing Excel tables to SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Lists using Excel Add-in
- Export Excel Data to SharePoint list from Excel itself
- Add Bulk Users to SharePoint Group from Excel using Rest API
- SharePoint 2013 There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services error while opening excel file in browser
This is how we can fix error Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.