This SharePoint tutorial explains how to fix an error “Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list” which usually comes when you export the list to a spreadsheet.
Also sometimes you will get the error message as Cannot connect to the server at this time. Changes to your Data cannot be saved. You can try the solution below but I am not sure it is the best solution.
Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list
Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools -> Options then go to Advanced Settings. Scroll and go to the Security Section.
By default “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” option is checked. Uncheck that and click on OK as shown in the fig below:
Now close the browser and open the SharePoint site in a new browser window. The error should not come now.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013: Export survey results to excel
- Excel Service to import SSAS Cubes and Generating Pivot tables in SharePoint BI
- Excel service to import external database using secure store connection in SharePoint
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Publishing and Synchronizing Excel tables to SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Lists using Excel Add-in
- Export Excel Data to SharePoint list from Excel itself
This is how we can fix error Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com