This SharePoint tutorial explains how to fix an error “Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list” which usually comes when you export the list to a spreadsheet.
Also sometimes you will get the error message as Cannot connect to the server at this time. Changes to your Data cannot be saved. You can try the solution below but I am not sure it is the best solution.
Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools -> Options then go to Advanced Settings. Scroll and go to the Security Section.
By default “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” option is checked. Uncheck that and click on OK as shown in the fig below:
Now close the browser and open the SharePoint site in a new browser window. The error should not come now.
You may like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Publishing and Synchronizing Excel tables to SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Lists using Excel Add-in
- Power Automate update SharePoint list item
- Power Automate update SharePoint list increment integer field
- How to delete all items from SharePoint list
- Power Automate get events into excel
- Power Automate Get Data from Excel on SharePoint
- Power Automate Forms to Excel
- Web parts maintenance page: if you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close web parts or remove personal settings
This is how we can fix errors Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list.
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Out audiences are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a SharePoint MVP(8 times), check out My MVP Profile. I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.