Any developer / Admin will land on to SharePoint online management shell to perform any operation. So I would like to bring an easy way to make our day-in- day life easy with the below list of commands.
Ensure that you have installed the latest version of SPO Management shell.
If you are new to SharePoint Online Management Shell, read the below two SharePoint Online management shell tutorials:
- How to connect to SharePoint online site using SharePoint Online Management Shell?
- How to Set up your SharePoint 2013 Online Management Shell to connect to SharePoint online sites?
First thing first, with the below command we will get the latest / updated help from MS. So, please run this command for hassle-free scripting.
Now that we installed/ensured the latest management shell on your machine, we are good to start our marathon to Mars 🙂 with the below commands list.
Before we start anything I would like to give 2 important tips which help us to make our journey smooth and hassle free.
- How to get for a command
- Samples/examples for the command
Below is the list of areas I would like to emphasize more in this article.
- User operations
- Organizing Lists / sites
- Managing services
List of the below commands to organize the users in SPO
To organize the site we can refer the below:
Below is the list to organize various services
you can also check the sharepoint version by executing the below command.
Get-SPFarm | Select BuildVersion
You may like following SharePoint Online management shell tutorials:
- Working with SharePoint Online Management Shell
- Working with PowerShell in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- SharePoint Online Office 365 Delete and Restore Site Collection using PowerShell
- Get Sites, Web and List information from SharePoint Online site using PowerShell
- Bulk SharePoint Online Site Collection Creation using PowerShell
Hope this helps you to expedite your scripting in SharePoint online !!!
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019