This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains how to solve SharePoint 2013 Event 6398 The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles. UserProfileImportJob threw an exception.
Source of Error : Application Log
Application Name : SharePoint Foundation
Event Id : 6398
Error Message : The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileImportJob (ID 9f5ac0b2-fac0-4ee0-af16-4239c796c99d) threw an exception. More information is included below.
There was no endpoint listening at http://pfapms01:5725/ResourceManagementService/MEX that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.
Resolution for SharePoint 2013 Event 6398
In order to fix this issue follow below steps:
i. Open SharePoint 2013 Central Administration > System Settings > Click on Manage services on Server in Server section.
ii. First Stop User Profile Synchronization service then User Profile Service
iii. The start User Profile Service then User Profile Synchronization Service, provide credential during starting service.
Event errors will stop occurring.
You may like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- User profile synchronization service stuck on starting SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 User Profile Service Application (UPSA) configuration step by step tutorial
- SharePoint 2016 usage analytics
- Approve/Reject documents or items using Content Approval in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2016/2013
- Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition sql server event id 2004
- dcom was unable to communicate with the computer using any of the configured protocols
- Windows Update service must be in running state error while installing AppFabric in Windows server 2012 R2
- How to check server health status check using PowerShell in SharePoint
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explained how to solve SharePoint 2013 Event 6398 The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles. UserProfileImportJob threw an exception.