This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains how to solve SharePoint 2013 Event 6398 The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles. UserProfileImportJob threw an exception.
Source of Error : Application Log
Application Name : SharePoint Foundation
Event Id : 6398
Error Message : The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileImportJob (ID 9f5ac0b2-fac0-4ee0-af16-4239c796c99d) threw an exception. More information is included below.
There was no endpoint listening at http://pfapms01:5725/ResourceManagementService/MEX that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.
Resolution for SharePoint 2013 Event 6398
In order to fix this issue follow below steps:
i. Open SharePoint 2013 Central Administration > System Settings > Click on Manage services on Server in Server section.
ii. First Stop User Profile Synchronization service then User Profile Service
iii. The start User Profile Service then User Profile Synchronization Service, provide credential during starting service.
Event errors will stop occurring.
You may like following SharePoint user profile tutorials:
- User profile synchronization service stuck on starting SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 User Profile Service Application (UPSA) configuration step by step tutorial
- User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013
- Office 365 SharePoint Online User Profile Custom Attribute Mapping with Azure AD attribute
- SharePoint 2013 Configuring User Profile Services to import Emails
- SharePoint 2016 usage analytics
- Approve/Reject documents or items using Content Approval in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2016/2013
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explained how to solve SharePoint 2013 Event 6398 The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles. UserProfileImportJob threw an exception.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.