In this post we will discuss how we can resolve the issue which comes when user clicks on “content and structure” in site settings page in SharePoint 2013. Recently for a sub site few of my users said that they get something went wrong error when they try to open site settings -> content and structure link.
– Get list of pages using a particular page layout using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013
– Auto complete feature in SharePoint 2013 list column using SPServices in SharePoint 2013
– SharePoint 2013 designer workflow error Workflow cancelled failed to start
The error comes as:
Sorry, something went wrong.
An unexpected error has occurred.
When we try in other sub sites, we also found the same issue in all other sub sites as well. The same issue was also there in the top level site as well. Now where people can visit to the content and structure page.
When we check the log with Correlaton ID we found the below very wired message. You can see Get Error Details based on Correlation ID from ULS Logs in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.ObjectSerializer.evaluateTestAutomationId(CachedList cachedListToEval) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.ObjectSerializer.get_AutomationId() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.EcbEnabledTreeNode.RenderPreText(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer, Int32 position, Boolean isLast, Boolean enabled) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.RenderChildNodes(HtmlTextWriter writer, Int32 depth, Boolean isLast, Boolean enabled) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer, Int32 positio…bbf7649d-a272-40a9-44f3-a939c2dc7e82
After lots of R&D we got clue from this article.
We are having the same issue. I checked all the lists and document library in the top level site. And I found when I was trying to open one particular list, it gave me the error Sorry, something went wrong… etc etc etc. When I try to find out the error details from the correlation id, it gave error as:
System.ArgumentException: Feature ‘e004c372-2b1e-439e-a6b0-3c9681343122’ for list template ‘88003’ is not installed in this farm. The operation could not be completed.
Basically that was the corrupted issue, which was causing the issue.
Then I remove the list from the site contents page.
Else we can use PowerShell to delete that particular list. After that when I try to open content and structure, it worked fine.
Hope this will be helpful to you.