This SharePoint workflow tutorial explains, how to resolve the SharePoint designer workflow error which comes when we try to publish a SharePoint 2013 designer workflow. The error comes when we try to publish: Error thrown as below “Error were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run”, while publishing any workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013.
Below are two solutions you can try.
1. Clear the SharePoint Designer Cache in these two places and Republish the workflow.
- C:\Users\< your account> \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache”
- C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache”
2. Clear the history and republish
1. Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite ‘http://myhost/mysite’ -WorkflowHostUri ‘https://workflowhost:12290’ -AllowOAuthHttp -Force
If this issue happens in the non-production farm, you can register workflow service using HTTP (not HTTPS protocol) & forget worrying about certificates.
2. Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite ‘http://myhost/mysite’ -WorkflowHostUri ‘http://workflowhost:12291’ -AllowOAuthHttp –Force
Ensure these below services are running,
1. In Services.msc, If not start
- Service Bus Gateway
- Service Bus Message Broker
- Windows Fabric Host Service
- Workflow Manager Backend
2. In IIS,
- Application Pool of Workflow Management Service
- Workflow Management Site is browseable.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- SharePoint Online Video: Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production
- Delete list item after specific duration using SharePoint designer workflow
- Change Item Level Permission using SharePoint designer workflow
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- Nintex Workflow for office 365: Create a user in Office 365 and Add User to SharePoint Group
- Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- SharePoint online Send email in visual studio 2015 workflow using Email Workflow Activity
Hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial helps to resolve, Error were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run error which comes while publishing SharePoint designer workflows.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: