In this post we will discuss how to resolve the SharePoint designer workflow error which comes when we try to publish a SharePoint 2013 designer workflow. The error comes when we try to publish: Error thrown as below “Error were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run”, while publishing any workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013.
Below are two solutions you can try.
1. Clear the SharePoint Designer Cache in this two places and Republish the workflow.
i. C:\Users\< your account> \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache”
ii. C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache”
2. Clear the history and republish
1. Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite ‘http://myhost/mysite’ -WorkflowHostUri ‘https://workflowhost:12290’ -AllowOAuthHttp -Force
If this issue happens in non produciton farm, you can register workflow service using HTTP (not HTTPS protocol) & forget worrying about certificates.
2. Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite ‘http://myhost/mysite’ -WorkflowHostUri ‘http://workflowhost:12291’ -AllowOAuthHttp –Force
Ensure these below services are running,
1. In Services.msc, If not start
Service Bus Gateway
Service Bus Message Broker
Windows Fabric Host Service
Workflow Manager Backend
2. In IIS,
a. Application Pool of Workflow Management Service
b. Workflow Management Site is browse able.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: