Recently while working with developing a SharePoint hosted add-in, while deploying the add-in, I got the error as Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’. Sideloading of apps is not enabled on this site. It looks like below:
Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’. Sideloading of apps is not enabled on this site
Actually while developing a SharePoint hosted add-in you should provide a developer site. You should create a developer site using the developer site template and you should give that URL in your visual studio reference.
You can follow How to create developer site in Office 365 SharePoint 2013 Online? and also you can check the SharePoint 2013 Developer Site Template overview.
The above solution works for me.
Also, you can check the below solution which I followed from this MSDN article.
Enable-SPFeature e374875e-06b6-11e0-b0fa-57f5dfd72085 –url http://SiteURL
You may like following SharePoint hosted add-in tutorials:
- The required version of SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server is not installed on this system while developing SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint 2016
- How to create a choice type site column and add mapping inside SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint 2013 Online?
- How to debug SharePoint or Provider hosted Add-in in the different browser in visual studio 2015?
- Steps to create a provider-hosted add-in in SharePoint Online and host in Microsoft Azure using the Import method
- SharePoint Hosted App: Get Data from Host Web
Hope this will be helpful to resolve Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’. Sideloading of apps is not enabled on this site error in SharePoint.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com