Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings in SharePoint 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings for a list or library in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
An enterprise keyword is a word or phrase that is added to items on a SharePoint site. Enterprise keywords are organized into a single, non-hierarchical term set within the Term Store Management Tool called the Keywords set.
These keywords which user will add are available to other users when they try to add an item to list or library. when users type similar characters in the Enterprise Keywords column of the list, SharePoint displays the keyword in a suggestion message.
Enterprise Keywords are shared with other users and applications to allow for ease of search and filtering, as well as metadata consistency and reuse.
Enable Enterprise Keywords Columns for SharePoint List or Library
To enable enterprise keywords column for the list or library, open your list or library then go to list or library settings in SharePoint.
Then from the Permissions and Management section click on “Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings” link. Then in the Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings page, check the checkbox “Add an Enterprise Keywords column to this list and enable Keyword synchronization”. Click on OK as shown in the fig below.
This will add the “Enterprise Keywords” column of type Managed Metadata to the SharePoint list or library.
Now when you will try to add an item to the list, the Enterprise Keywords column will also appear. Like in the example I put two keywords SharePoint and Moss like below. Save the item. Once you Save the item then the keywords will be available to other users while working on this list.
Suppose another use try to add another item to the list, then if they type few letters related to those keywords then one suggestion box will appear like this from where they can select the keywords. Or they can also enter new keywords like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create Navigation with managed metadata service SharePoint 2013
- Configure and Consume Managed Metadata Service Application in SharePoint 2013
- How to create and configure metadata navigation and filtering SharePoint Online?
- Managed metadata service in SharePoint 2013/2016
- How to configure metadata navigation for document libraries in SharePoint Online?
- Working with Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings for List and Document library in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2013 The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available
- SharePoint Metadata Navigation Settings tutorial (List and Library)
Hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings in SharePoint 2013 list and document libraries.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.