In this article, I would like to discuss the issue while rendering SharePoint site “Server Error / Application”. We will discuss now we can enable custom error in SharePoint farm solution.
Issue: Not able to render SharePoint site
When I was trying to render my SharePoint site I was getting the below error message.
The above error message is soo generic and we don’t understand what has happened exactly. To understand the exact issue we need to enable custom errors for this web application.
Follow the below steps to understand the error description:
- Log on to SharePoint server with FARM Administrator account
- Open IIS with through run prompt with the command “inetmgr”
- Identify the web application you want to enable error logging
- Click on Explore on the right panel
- Open the Web.config file
- Identify “<cusotmErrors mode=”off”> ” tag
- Change the mode value to “on”
- restart IIS
Now when you Open the site you can see the detailed issue in the browser.
Happy development in SharePoint !!!
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)