How to Enable view entries in SharePoint list multiple lines of text columns
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to set a version history of a list and enable view entities in a list in SharePoint Online Office 365 or SharePoint 2013/2016.
We wills see how to enable View entries in SharePoint Online modern sites as well as classic sites.
Enable view entries in SharePoint list
Step 1: Open SharePoint Online site and create a list in SharePoint Online.
Step 2: Add a column in a list and set the dataType as Multiple line of text. Next, enable the Append changes to the existing text.
Step 3: When we enable the Append changes to the existing text, we will get an error message like we need to turn on versioning before enabling it. So go back to list and enable the versioning of your list inside list settings page.
Step 4: Next go back to list and enable the Append changes to the existing text. Now the error message will not appear again.
Step 5: Once you click on Save, View entries will appear under a Details column in your list.
Step 6: If you click on View Entries, it will redirect to display a form where you can able to see the item history inside details column.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow Send approval email when a new item is added in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Enable tree view in Office 365 SharePoint Online sites
- Site Feed web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Nintex Yammer create group workflow action for Office 365 SharePoint online
- Microsoft Flow: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Embed PowerPoint Slide in SharePoint Online/2013/2016/2019
- Embed Yammer group feed in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Difference between SharePoint classic and modern experiences in list and library
- Create a Survey in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
This all about enables view entries in a list in SharePoint. It will work for both classic and modern view in SharePoint.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)