This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss, how to enable “Sign in as Different User” in SharePoint 2013. I found that by default in SharePoint 2013, there is no option for “Sign in as different user”. If you compare SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013, it appears like below:
To enable Sign in as Different User option, follow the below steps:
Go to the below location in your SharePoint server.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft shared\Webserver Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES
Here you will find a file named “welcome.ascx”.
Open the welcome.ascx file and add the below code, below to:
<SharePoint:MenuItemTemplate runat="server id="ID_PersonalInformation" tag.
<SharePoint:MenuItemTemplate runat="server" ID="ID_LoginAsDifferentUser" Text="<%$Resources:wss,personalactions_loginasdifferentuser%>" Description="<%$Resources:wss,personalactions_loginasdifferentuserdescription%>" MenuGroupId="100″ Sequence="100″ UseShortId="true" />
After this Save this, the Sign in as Different User option will appear like below in the SharePoint 2013 site.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Different ways to Retrieve logged in user details in SharePoint
- Different Ways to enable User Information List in SharePoint 2013
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Difference between SharePoint 2019 and 2016 and Online
- The form cannot be submitted because of an error in SharePoint
- SharePoint miscellaneous examples
- SharePoint 2013 Timeline web part
- The Server was unable to save the form at this time error in SharePoint 2013
- Unable to process the request. Wait a few minutes and try performing this operation again
- Enable Debugging and set custom errors off in SharePoint
This tutorial, we learned how to enable Sign in as Different User option in SharePoint 2013.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.