How to enable custom error web.config in SharePoint 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to enable custom error web.config in SharePoint 2013/2016? This tutorial, I would like to discuss the issue while rendering SharePoint site “Server Error / Application”. We will discuss how we can enable custom error in SharePoint farm solution.
When I was trying to render my SharePoint site I was getting the below error message.
Enable custom error web.config SharePoint 2013
The above error message is soo generic and we don’t understand what has happened exactly. To understand the exact issue we need to enable custom errors for this SharePoint web application.
Follow the below steps to understand the error description:
- Log on to SharePoint server with FARM Administrator account
- Open IIS with through run prompt with the command “inetmgr”
- Identify the web application you want to enable error logging
- Click on Explore on the right panel
- Open the Web.config file
- Identify “” tag
- Change the mode value to “on”
- Restart IIS
Now when you open the site you can see the detailed issue in the browser.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- User Information List in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
- Update User Email ID using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Extend web application in SharePoint 2013 (using PowerShell and Central Administration)
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Alternate Access Mapping in SharePoint 2016
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Unable to Upload Large Files to SharePoint 2013
- SSRS version conflict issue in SharePoint2013
- Update People Picker Group field using Rest API and jQuery in SharePoint 2013/2016
- PSConfig Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyException Issue in SharePoint
- Make Title field read-only in SharePoint list edit form using JSLink
- SharePoint 2013 alerts are not working
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to enable custom error web.config in SharePoint 2013 or in SharePoint 2016.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)