This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to enable breadcrumb navigation in SharePoint 2013/2010.
Breadcrumb will help to know on which page the user is now and to navigate. This really helpful where if you are inside a folder or subfolder in SharePoint 2010.
SharePoint breadcrumb is a very nice feature that is introduced in SharePoint 2010. If you use the Breadcrumb by following this link then you will have some problem like. At the end it will add Pages ->Default Page.
If you do not want that type means you want only Home -> Site1 ->Site1.1 -> Site1.1.1 without your page tag then follow below SiteMapPath.
<asp:SiteMapPath SiteMapProvider="CurrentNavSiteMapProviderNoEncode" id="ContentMap" SkipLinkText="-" RenderCurrentNodeAsLink="true" NodeStyle-CssClass="ms-sitemapdirectional" runat="server"/>
The solution is to change the SiteMapProvider from SPContentMapProvider to CurrentNavSiteMapProviderNoEncode.
You can hide the ‘Pages’ library in SharePoint breadcrumb by this method.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to use Language Integrated Query (LINQ) in SharePoint 2013/2010
- SPSecurityTrimmedControl in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Add a custom web part to a page layout in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Sandboxed solutions in SharePoint 2010
- How to create a flyout menu in sharepoint 2010
- Create a new custom master page using SharePoint designer 2010
- How to use the WebProvisioned event in SharePoint 2010?
- SharePoint Development Best Practices [Custom Development using Visual Studio]
- Create Visual Web Part using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- How to create a custom welcome menu SharePoint 2010
- Differences Between Sandboxed and Farm Solutions in SharePoint 2013
- Deploy SharePoint 2010 solution(.wsp) package using Powershell
- SharePoint sitemap provider example
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to enable breadcrumb navigation in SharePoint 2013/2010.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.