This SharePoint tutorial I will explain how to enable audit functionality in SharePoint Online 2013/2016/Online. When the audit functionally is enabled SharePoint will automatically log events and activities that are done on your content. The Content could be documents, records and other items, such as Task list and calendars, etc.
Enable auditing in SharePoint
The Reporting Site Collection feature must be activated in order to see any audit reports in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
Administrator access to configure auditing. We enable auditing on these levels: Site Collection, library/list, folder, and content type.
1. Go to SharePoint Site Collection Settings. See in fig
2. Under Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration -> Site Collection audit settings. See in fig.
3. Under the Document and Items section you can enable the events you would like to audit. See in fig.
4. On the same page, you also have the option to enable audit logging for SharePoint Lists, Libraries, and Sites. See in fig
1. Go to library Settings -> Permission and Management -> Information management policy settings. See in fig
2. Under the Content Type Policies Select Document content type. See in fig
3. Now Scroll down to Auditing where you will be able to choose the events you want to add to the audit log. See in fig
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create a custom ribbon button in list or document library using SharePoint designer 2013
- Chart Web Part in SharePoint
- Fix Login Failed For User NT AUTHORITY\IUSRS in Business Connectivity Services for SharePoint 2013
- Create a Business Data Connectivity Service using SharePoint Designer 2013
Here I have explained how to enable audit functionality in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.