This SharePoint tutorial I will explain how to enable audit functionality in SharePoint Online 2013/2016/Online. When the audit functionally is enabled SharePoint will automatically log events and activities that are done on your content. The Content could be documents, records and other items, such as Task list and calendars etc.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
The Reporting Site Collection feature must be activated in order to see any audit reports in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
Administrator access to configure auditing. We enable auditing on these levels: Site Collection, library/list, folder, and content type.
1. Go to SharePoint Site Collection Settings. See in fig
2. Under Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration -> Site Collection audit settings. See in fig.
3. Under the Document and Items section you can enable the events you would like to audit. See in fig.
4. On the same page, you also have the option to enable audit logging for SharePoint Lists, Libraries, and Sites. See in fig
1. Go to library Settings -> Permission and Management -> Information management policy settings. See in fig
2. Under the Content Type Policies Select Document content type. See in fig
3. Now Scroll down to Auditing where you will be able to choose the events you want to add to the audit log. See in fig
Here I have explained how to enable audit functionality in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)