When the audit functionally is enabled it will automatically log events and activities that are done on your content. The Content could be documents, records and other items, such as Task list and calendars. The Reporting Site Collection feature must be activated in order to see any audit reports.
Administrator access to configure auditing. We enable auditing on these levels: Site Collection, library/list, folder and content type.
1. Go to Site Collection Settings. See in fig
2. Under Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration -> Site Collection audit settings. See in fig.
3. Under the Document and Items section you can enable the events you would like to audit. See in fig.
4. On the same page, you also have the option to enable audit logging for Lists, Libraries and Sites. See in fig
1. Go to library Settings -> Permission and Management -> Information management policy settings. See in fig
2. Under the Content Type Policies Select Document content type. See in fig
3. Now Scroll down to Auditing where you will be able to choose the events you want to add to the audit log. See in fig
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials:
About Navneet Singh
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials