This SharePoint 2010 tutorial, we will discuss how to enable anonymous access in SharePoint 2010. Once you enable anonymous access, then users do not need to provide their credentials to access the site, rather they can access the site without entering any credentials in SharePoint.
Enable anonymous access in SharePoint 2010
To enable Anonymous access in SharePoint 2010, we have to do changes in the web application as well as in the site.
SharePoint Web Application Changes:
First open SharePoint 2010 central administration then click on Application Management and Manage web application. Then from the list of web application select the web application and from the Ribbon select Authentication Provides as shown in the figure below:
Then from the authentication provider select default as shown in the figure below.
Then from the Edit Authentication dialog select Anonymous Access as shown in the figure below:
SharePoint Site Collection Level Changes:
First open the SharePoint 2010 site collection, then Site Actions then site settings. Then from the Users and Permissions page click on Site permissions as shown in the figure below:
Then from the Ribbon click on Anonymous Access as shown in the figure below:
Then from the Anonymous Access dialog box select Entire Web Site as shown in the figure below:
Then click on Ok.
You may like following SharePoint 2010 tutorials:
- How to use the WebProvisioned event in SharePoint 2010?
- How to display or show breadcrumbs in SharePoint 2010?
- How to use Language Integrated Query LINQ in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010?
- SPSecurityTrimmedControl in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Add a custom web part to the page layout in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010
- Sandboxed solutions in SharePoint 2010
- How to create a flyout menu in sharepoint 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 tutorial
- Create Visual Web Part using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Disadvantages of external lists in BCS Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013/2010
- SharePoint Development Best Practices [Custom Development using Visual Studio]
Hope this SharePoint 2010 tutorial, helps to enable anonymous access SharePoint 2010.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)