If you are customizing your list form using InfoPath in SharePoint 2013 and if you list contains rich textbox then you may see the upload file or image option will come as greyed (if it is a browser-enabled form). You can see the fig below:
If you are using normal out of box list form then you can embed documents or image inside the rich text boxes. But once you customize that using InfoPath 2013 you will lose that functionality in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
According to Microsoft Embedded pictures are not supported in a browser-compatible form template. You can enable linked pictures for a rich text box in a browser-compatible form template.
If you want users to upload files, then you can insert an attachments control which users can use to attach files.
The other workaround is to use the Link functionality of the Rich text box. Click inside rich textbox then from the Ribbon click on INSERT tab and then click on the Link button. It will give two options, 1- From the SharePoint 2- From an Address.
If you will click on From SharePoint then it will open the dialog box to select any file and then click on OK. On the way also you can upload documents and then choose that file.
You may like following InfoPath 2013 SharePoint tutorials:
- The URL template.xsn is an unsupported relative URL error in SharePoint online modern form library
- You do not have permissions to access a SharePoint list that contains data required for this form to function correctly
- SharePoint online InfoPath error The form cannot be submitted to the specified SharePoint document library
- An unknown error has occurred. The form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in InfoPath Filler
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- Publish InfoPath Form to SharePoint Online Office 365 Step by Step Tutorial
- Deploy Administration approved InfoPath forms in SharePoint 2013
- InfoPath 2013 People Picker browse button does not work on InfoPath form Nothing happens after click
- JSON is undefined error in SharePoint 2013 InfoPath Person Group Picker in IE 11
Hope this InfoPath SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains how to Embedded images and files disabled in richtextbox InfoPath SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)