In this post, we will discuss Edit Links in SharePoint 2013 which appears in global navigation and left navigation. We will also see how we can hide Edit Link option using css in SharePoint 2013.
You may like to read:
– SharePoint Server 2016 Installation Step by Step
EDIT LINKS options is a very useful option where users having Edit or more permission will be able to Add, Edit or Delete or Arrange links in SharePoint 2013 global navigation and left navigation. It appears like below:
In some sites, you may see the link is missing. Here are a few points we need to see:
– Edit links will be available for a few site templates like Team Site, Publishing sites, Personal Site, Project site, My Site Host.
– The link will be available for users having Edit permission or more than Edit Permission.
– The link will be available for “Structural Navigation” for publishing sites.
– The link will not appear in subsite if your subsite is inheriting navigation from the parent site.
If you are migrating a site from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2013, then in some sites you might not see the link. Mostly because the site may be created by using one deprecated template like blank site template.
How to hide Edit Links Option using CSS:
We can be able to hide Edit Links option by using simple CSS in the page (or master page) like below:
If you want to hide for a particular page, then you can put the above code inside a script editor or content editor web part.
Hope this will be helpful.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: