In this post, we will discuss Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP Server 2.0.
I was thinking from so many days that SharePoint is very vast in terms of synchronizations with other tools such as outlook, Active directory, MS office and other external packages. Though is SharePoint get Synchronized with SAP (System Application & Products).
Basically, SAP is a database/business information system used primarily by banks and financial companies. More details on the SAP can be found here: http://searchsap.techtarget.com/definition/SAP.
However, when it comes to the Integration with the SharePoint Microsoft has its product named Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP Server 2.0.
Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP Server 2.0
Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP Server 2.0 is a jointly developed product from SAP and Microsoft that enables interoperability between SAP applications and SharePoint Server 2013 Enterprise Edition. Duet Enterprise 2.0 empowers employees to consume and extend SAP processes and information from within SharePoint Server 2013 and Outlook 2013. Microsoft administrators and SAP administrators collaborate to deploy and configure Duet Enterprise 2.0
About Duet Enterprise 2.0:
About Duet Enterprise 2.0 Organizations that want to restrict access of SAP data to their intranet can use Duet Enterprise 2.0, which is installed on a SharePoint Server 2013 farm within the corporate intranet. By using Duet Enterprise 2.0, the SAP data is surfaced on websites on the SharePoint Server farm. Those who are familiar with the first version of Duet Enterprise will be familiar with this architecture.
The following figure shows a high-level view of a Duet Enterprise 2.0 deployment.
References: All other resources for the Duet Enterprise are available here:
Applies to: SAP, SharePoint Server 2013, SharePoint Server 2010
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- The Server was unable to save the form at this time error in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint miscellaneous examples
- The management agent failed on run profile DS_FULLIMPORT because of connectivity issues
- Microsoft Enterprise Library in Asp.Net
- List of SharePoint Shortcut Page URLs
- This user profile application connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013
- There was no endpoint listening at http://URL/ResourceManagementService/MEX that could accept the message while add new synchronization connection
- SharePoint Online Alert has been created successfully but you will not receive notifications until valid e-mail or mobile address has been provided in your profile
- Different Types of Authentication Architecture In SharePoint 2010
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.