In this post, we will discuss how we can bring draft items in SharePoint 2013 search results. Recently while working in a MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2013 migration project, we got this requirement. The requirement is even if the document is saved as a draft those should come in the search result.
By default, the items that are in draft mode, will not be crawled. The crawler will pick items published in the major version. For this, we need to do the below settings.
Go to the SharePoint 2013/Online library settings. Then click on “Versioning settings” under “General Settings”.
In the “Versioning Settings,” page go to the “Draft Item Security” section and select the radio button “Any user who can read items”.
After this, you can do an incremental crawl and the crawler will pick up those items.
You may like following SharePoint search tutorial:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Steps to create a search center site in SharePoint online using .Net client object model code
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online Office 365
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part CSWP in SharePoint server 2013
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- How to customize search results look by using result types and display templates in SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2016/2013?
- SharePoint 2016 usage analytics
- What is Shared mailbox in Office 365? How to create and access SharePoint mailbox in Office 365?
Hope this will be helpful to show draft items in search results in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.