Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve documents are not showing in search results in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I can’t see a few of my documents as part of search results in SharePoint 2013. In my SharePoint site, I have several document libraries but I am not able to see data from one specific document library.
Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint
In SharePoint search results comes only if they are indexed/crawled if not we can’t see the user data as part of search results.
If SharePoint content is not part of a search result, the possible scenarios are:
Content is not crawled/Indexed
The user might not have not even read access to a user.
Add user to document library with reading access
Enable content for crawling by following steps
Open the document library settings (a library which user can’t see the search results)
Open Advances settings
Enable “yes” for “Allow items from this document library to appear in search results?” (6 option)
Ask the support team to perform an incremental/full crawl. Once crawling is completed you should be able to see the documents as part search results.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint Online Office 365
- How to customize search results look by using result types and display templates in SharePoint Online/2016/2013?
- Disable list or libraries to appear in search result SharePoint Online Office 365
- Create Content Sources for search in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 In-List or Find Searches
- SharePoint 2013 content search web part vs content query web part
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
- Prevent Site Content to appear in SharePoint 2013 search results
- Search content from specific list or document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Once you do this, you can see the documents in the SharePoint search results.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)