I can’t see few of my documents as part of search results in SharePoint 2013. In my SharePoint site, I have several document libraries but I am not able to see data from one specific document library.
Get SharePoint Online (Office 365 Enterprise E3) Subscription for your Business NOW
In SharePoint search results comes only if they are indexed/crawled if not we can’t see the user data as part of search results.
If SharePoint content is not part of a search result, the possible scenarios are:
1. Content is not crawled / Indexed
2. The user might not have not even read access to a user.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- Change SharePoint 2013 OOB List Form Column Ordering without using Code
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Hub Sites SharePoint Online Office 365 Tutorial Download PDF Free
a) Add user to document library with reading access
b) Enable content for crawling by following steps
1. Open the document library settings (library which user can’t see the search results)
2. Open Advances settings
3. Enable “yes” for “Allow items from this document library to appear in search results?” (6 option
4. Ask the support team to perform an incremental/full crawl
5. Once crawling is completed you should be able to see the documents as part search results.
Hope this helps !!!!!