This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve documents are not showing in search results in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I can’t see a few of my documents as part of search results in SharePoint 2013. In my SharePoint site, I have several document libraries but I am not able to see data from one specific document library.
Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint
In SharePoint search results comes only if they are indexed/crawled if not we can’t see the user data as part of search results.
If SharePoint content is not part of a search result, the possible scenarios are:
Content is not crawled/Indexed
The user might not have not even read access to a user.
Add user to document library with reading access
Enable content for crawling by following steps
Open the document library settings (a library which user can’t see the search results)
Open Advances settings
Enable “yes” for “Allow items from this document library to appear in search results?” (6 option)
Ask the support team to perform an incremental/full crawl. Once crawling is completed you should be able to see the documents as part search results.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint Online Office 365
- How to customize search results look by using result types and display templates in SharePoint Online/2016/2013?
- Disable list or libraries to appear in search result SharePoint Online Office 365
- Create Content Sources for search in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 In-List or Find Searches
- SharePoint 2013 content search web part vs content query web part
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
- Prevent Site Content to appear in SharePoint 2013 search results
- Search content from specific list or document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Once you do this, you can see the documents in the SharePoint search results.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.