Document Sets in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, what is document sets in SharePoint Online? How to activate document sets features in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
Document Set in SharePoint enables users to group multiple documents that support a single project or task, together into a single entity.
To work with Document sets we first need to activate the document set feature, then we need to enable content type And then we can add documents.
To activate the feature, Open your SharePoint site and then click on the Settings icon and then Site Settings. This will open the Site Settings page. Here click on “Site collection features” under Site Collection Administration. Then in the Site collection features page, search for “Document Sets” feature and activate the feature.
Now you can create a document library in SharePoint Online site, then go to the library settings. Then in the library settings page, click on Advanced settings under General Settings page. Then in the Advanced Settings page select Yes radio button in the Content Types section as shown in the fig below:
Now in the Library Settings page, click on “Add from existing site content types” under Content Types.
Then select Document Set and then click on Add like below:
Then open the document library and from the Ribbon click FILES tab and then click on Document Set like below:
This will open the Document Set pag, Give a name and Description like below, then Save.
Then click on Add a document, then select the file and Destination folder.
Now when you open the document library you will be able to see the document set name and if you click on that, then you will be able to see all the documents which you have uploaded to the particular document set.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Extending Web Applications in SharePoint 2013
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- How to retrieve all content database names for SharePoint 2016 web applications using the SharePoint server object model?
- Check Anonymous access for all web applications in SharePoint
- Retrieve all web application names from SharePoint farm using the server object model in SharePoint 2016
- Get content database sizes for all web applications in a SharePoint farm using PowerShell
- Comparing a Web Application and Site Collection limits in SharePoint 2016 with SharePoint 2013 2010 2007
- SharePoint 2016 Create a web application and a Site collection using PowerShell
- Get all Sites and subsites under web application using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains all about document sets in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.