This tutorial explains, what is document sets? How to enable and use document set in SharePoint 2013? How to use document sets in SharePoint 2013?
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
– The document set is a feature introduced in an earlier version of SharePoint 2010.
– The document set is a content type it will be attached to any document libraries.
– It will be helpful for grouping of documents from different content types associated with its own metadata.
This feature will be activated manually under sharepoint site collection feature
Open sharepoint site -> Navigate to site settings -> Site administration -> Site collection feature-> Navigate to document set feature -> Click Activate
Now am going to create a document library named “Projects”. Navigate to library settings of the project library. Then Click on Advance settings.
Check “Allow management of content type to YES”
Then Navigate to site settings -> Under web designer galleries -> Click Site content types. Here Click on Create.
Provide the title of the content type
Select parent content type into Document set content type
Create a new group
After creating a content type “Add a new site columns”
Am create these there
– Project Owner
– Project Budget
– Project Status
Select the Content type “Project A”
Provide the default content of the content type May be the document or PPT or XLS or Doc
Check all the shared columns you have created ready
Add all the welcome page columns
Now navigate to library settings -> Click Add from existing content types
Select Project Test A from group
Now navigate to -> Create new document
Click Project Test A
Fill all the information
Now it will be redirected to the Welcome page of your document set
Here you can manage your document with different groups with its own content types
Read some SharePoint 2013 turorials:
- Cross site publishing in SharePoint 2013
- User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013
- Document approval workflow in SharePoint 2013
- Content Approval in SharePoint 2013 document libraries
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
Hope this will be helpful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: