This tutorial explains, what is document sets? How to enable and use the document set in SharePoint 2013? How to use document sets in SharePoint 2013?
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
- The document set is a feature introduced in an earlier version of SharePoint 2010.
- The document set is a content type it will be attached to any document libraries.
- It will be helpful for grouping of documents from different content types associated with its own metadata.
This feature will be activated manually under the sharepoint site collection feature
Open sharepoint site -> Navigate to site settings -> Site administration -> Site collection feature-> Navigate to document set feature -> Click Activate.
Now I am going to create a document library named “Projects”. Navigate to library settings of the project library. Then Click on Advance settings.
Check “Allow management of content type to YES”.
Click OK. Then Navigate to site settings -> Under web designer galleries -> Click Site content types. Here click on Create.
Provide the title of the content type. Select parent content type into Document set the content type
Create a new group. Click OK.
After creating a content type “Add a new site column”
Am create these there
- Project Owner
- Project Budget
- Project Status
Select the Content type “Project A”
Provide the default content of the content type Maybe the document or PPT or XLS or Doc.
Check all the shared columns you have created ready.
Add all the welcome page columns.
Now navigate to library settings -> Click Add from existing content types.
Select Project Test A from group
Now navigate to -> Create new document.
Click Project Test A. Fill all the information.
Now it will be redirected to the Welcome page of your document set
Here you can manage your document with different groups with its own content types.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to add default content to document sets content type in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- Activate Document sets in a site collection in SharePoint 2013
- Content Approval in SharePoint 2013 document library
- Change welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- The specified file or folder name is too long SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online
- Different between SharePoint list and Document library
- Content type HUB SharePoint 2013 Tutorial
- Image rendition in SharePoint 2013 tutorial
- OAuth SharePoint 2013 tutorial
- Add Google ReCaptcha in SharePoint Online/2013/2016/2019
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned what is a document set in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online? Also, how to enable document set in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
We also learned, how to use document sets in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)