This SharePoint workflow tutorial explains, how to create a simple document approval workflow in SharePoint 2013. First, open SharePoint site and create the custom document library using the Document Library template. Then Open the document library and from ribbon Click on workflow settings like below:
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
Then in the workflow settings page select Workflow association type as “Document” like below and Click on Add a workflow.
Then Select approval workflow -> Provide the name of the workflow “Approval Status”
Then create a new task list for this workflow like below:
Then Uncheck Allow this workflow to be manually started and check the box Create a new item will start this workflow.
Provide the approvers for this workflow
Provide the document request message
Check “Automatically reject the document if it’s rejected by any user” : So it will reject the document if its reject by any one of the users.
Check “Automatically reject the document if it changes before the workflow has been completed”: So the document has been rejected when the user has been deleted or changed
Click Save. So now you can see the simple Approval Workflow has been created.
Now open Document library upload the document. Now you see the Approval status has been InProgress
Now login as approvers username and password to approve the tasks. Enter you comments and click approve or reject.
After approval of both from both users, you can now see the status of the document
So the document has been approved successfully.
If you need to read the comments provided by the approver click on the approved status link.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- SharePoint Online Video: Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production
- Delete list item after specific duration using SharePoint designer workflow
- Change Item Level Permission using SharePoint designer workflow
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- Nintex Workflow for office 365: Create a user in Office 365 and Add User to SharePoint Group
- Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- SharePoint online Send email in visual studio 2015 workflow using Email Workflow Activity
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps document approval workflow in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)