Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
The Distributed Cache service provides caching features in SharePoint Server 2013. The microblog features and feeds rely on the Distributed Cache to store data for very fast retrieval across all entities.
The Distributed Cache service is built on Windows Server AppFabric, which implements the AppFabric Caching service. Windows Server AppFabric installs with the prerequisites for SharePoint Server 2013.
The Distributed Cache service provides in-memory caching services to several features in SharePoint Server 2013. Some of the features that use the Distributed Cache service include:
- OneNote client access
- Security Trimming
- Page load performance
In SharePoint Server 2013, there are several caches that exist, all of which depend on the Distributed Cache service.
Different caches that depend on the Distributed Cache service as indicated in the following table:
|Login Token Cache||DistributedLogonTokenCache|
|Feed Cache||DistributedActivityFeedCache||This cache stores activities and conversations for use by the feeds on a user’s My Site.|
|Last Modified Time Cache||DistributedActivityFeedLMTCache||This cache stores time stamp information for all Feed Cache entities.|
|Search Query Web Part||DistributedSearchCache|
|Security Trimming Cache||DistributedSecurityTrimmingCache|
|App Token Cache||DistributedServerToAppServerAccessTokenCache|
|View State Cache||DistributedViewStateCache|
|Default Cache||DistributedDefaultCache||This cache can be used by any feature.|
The microblog features and feeds rely on the following two caches: the Last Modified Time Cache and the Feed Cache.
- Feed Cache: The Feed Cache stores recent activities and recent conversations for all entities.
- Last Modified Time Cache: The Last Modified Time Cache is used to determine the last modified time for all items in the Feed Cache.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Embed YouTube Videos in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Web Pages
- SharePoint content type tutorial
- SharePoint 2013 Windows server AppFabric installation Error
- FIXED SharePoint 2013 Setup Error AppFabric is not correctly configured
- Windows Update service must be in running state error while installing AppFabric in Windows server 2012 R2
- Event Error Distributed Cache AppFabric Cache
- Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))
- HTTP 401.1 Access Denied in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Error occurred in deployment step Install SharePoint Add-in Sideloading of apps is not enabled on this site
- The Server was unable to save the form at this time error in SharePoint 2013
- List of SharePoint Shortcut Page URLs
- SharePoint 2013 Noderunner.exe processes eating up your CPU and memory
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.