We usually scale out of the application by adding website instances for Azure websites. Understanding of Service plan below. Kindly refer MSDN link for more details and decide which will work for your project need.
Get SharePoint Online (Office 365 Enterprise E3) Subscription for your Business NOW
The free service plan will have only one instance created for your website and you can’t change the instances. Free service doesn’t provide auto-scaling as well.
The shared plan will have the option to add up to six instances and provides auto-scaling.
The standard plan will have the option to add up to ten instances with full CPU resources available based on scale-up option.
I would suggest to start with the shared plan and then upgrade based on your project need.
By default, ARR Affinity is enabled on your Azure App Service.
If you increase the instances of your Azure app service to more than one, still it will be redirected to the same instance for each request.
But the user needs to be distributed among all the instances and that’s the performance will be better.
We will have to play around with web.config and set the arr-disable-session-affinity value as true.
This will make the work done and user request will be routed among all the instances.
Read some SharePoint tutorials below:
- Display Power BI Report in SharePoint Online
- Extract term stores in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Download Blobs from Azure Container using PowerShell
- Create Azure Storage using PowerShell and upload a video file
- Bind SharePoint Online List Data into HTML table using jQuery and Rest API
- Deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- Learn azure artificial intelligence
Hope this will be helpful.