This SharePoint customization tutorial we will discuss how to show sum total in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list view by using out of box feature.
In this example, I have a SharePoint 2013/2016/Online custom list which has two Number fields as Age and Salary. The list looks like below:
Here I want to see a Sum of Age and Sum of Salary Column in the SharePoint list view.
Display Sum Total in SharePoint List View
For this Open the SharePoint list view in the browser, then go to List tab in the Ribbon and then click on Modify View like below:
This will open the Modify List view page. In this page navigate to the Totals page and expand that.
Then for the particular column choose Sum from the drop-down under Total. The option will come according to the column data type.
Let’s say Sum will appear for Numeric data type columns. But for single line data types column, Sum option will not appear.
It should look like below:
Now click on OK and then you will be able to see the Sum in the list view like below:
Now, we will see how to remove “Sum=” text from SharePoint 2013 list view. Here I have a SharePoint 2013 list where I have a Salary column. I am displaying the total Sum for the Salary column by following this article.
Here below to the Salary column, the sum is displaying as Sum=37,000.00. It displays like below:
But my requirement is to remove the “Sum=” text, I just want to display the total sum.
Now you will not able to see the Sum= text. It only shows the total sum.
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- Freeze Header Row in List View or Library on Scrolling using jQuery in SharePoint2013/2016/Online
- Remove hyperlink from title column in SharePoint 2010 list view
- Remove hyperlink from title column in SharePoint 2010/2013/Online list view
- Rename SharePoint 2013 list column title in list view using jQuery
- Add Read more link in list view for a multiline rich textbox in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- How to Set different permission on the SharePoint 2013 list view?
- Show paging at the top in list view web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online using jQuery
- List view tools tab missing in SharePoint designer 2013
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to show sum total in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list view.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com