In this post we will discuss how to display SharePoint blogs posts from Blog site on a SharePoint Online 2013 home page using content query web part.
Read some SharePoint Online tutorials:
– Download FREE PDF on HUB site in SharePoint online
– Steps to hide quick launch bar in SharePoint online SharePoint 2016/2013
– Add Global Navigation Links and Headings in SharePoint Online Office 365 Site
1. First we create the blog site in your site collection.
2. Now we want to show this blog in our SharePoint Online 2013 homepage.
3. For this, we add the Content Query Web Part in my home page. See in fig
4. Now we edit this web part. See in fig
5. Now we expand the Query from edit web part properties. See in fig
6. Here three option is available –
– Show items from all sites in this site collection
– Show items from the following site and all sub sites.
– Show items from the following list.
7. As our requirement, we want to show blog post from blog site.
8. So for this we choose third option, Show item from the following list and click on Browse…. See in fig
9. After click on Browse… there is one wizard come, here I select my blog site, under this I selected Posts list. See in fig. Click OK
10. Here filter option is also there, If we want to filter then click on additional Filter. See in fig
11. Now click on Apply and OK in Edit web part properties.
12. Save the page and see our blog post in our SharePoint online 2013 homepage. See in fig