This InfoPath SharePoint tutorial explains, how we can disable the Save button from the ribbon in SharePoint list customized InfoPath form. If you have a custom save button in the InfoPath 2013 list form, then you may not need to Save button in the ribbon.
To do this Open your SharePoint list form using InfoPath 2013 designer and then go to the Data tab and then the Submit button as shown in the fig below:
Then in the Submit option dialog box, Uncheck “Show the Submit button un both the Ribbon and the Info tab in the InfoPath Filler” checkbox as shown in the fig below:
Now if you will open the list and then edit any item or add a new item then the Save button will appear disabled in the ribbon in SharePoint.
You may like following InfoPath tutorials:
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- Create Data Connection in InfoPath in SharePoint
- InfoPath alternatives for designing SharePoint Forms
- How to publish infopath forms as content type in sharepoint 2013/2016/Online
- Publish InfoPath Form to SharePoint Online Office 365 Step by Step Tutorial
- SharePoint InfoPath 2013 Errors and Fixes
- SharePoint 2013 Calculate business day from InfoPath date picker or Get Day from selected date in Date picker in InfoPath 2013
- How to create auto increment field on form load in InfoPath in SharePoint 2013/Online
- InfoPath more than two radio buttons in SharePoint 2013
I hope this InfoPath tutorial will help you to disable the Save button from the ribbon in the SharePoint list form which is customized using InfoPath designer 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com