This InfoPath SharePoint tutorial explains, how we can disable the Save button from the ribbon in SharePoint list customized InfoPath form. If you have a custom save button in the InfoPath 2013 list form, then you may not need to Save button in the ribbon.
To do this Open your SharePoint list form using InfoPath 2013 designer and then go to the Data tab and then the Submit button as shown in the fig below:
Then in the Submit option dialog box, Uncheck “Show the Submit button un both the Ribbon and the Info tab in the InfoPath Filler” checkbox as shown in the fig below:
Now if you will open the list and then edit any item or add a new item then the Save button will appear disabled in the ribbon in SharePoint.
You may like following InfoPath tutorials:
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- Calculate Age in Year in InfoPath Form in SharePoint 2010
- InfoPath Replace function in SharePoint 2013
- InfoPath 2103 string-before and string-after function in SharePoint 2013
- How to create a udcx file for Main Data Connection in InfoPath?
- Zip code validation in InfoPath 2010
I hope this InfoPath tutorial will help you to disable the Save button from the ribbon in the SharePoint list form which is customized using InfoPath designer 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.