This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to disable the loopback check in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010. When you access SharePoint web apps from the SharePoint server, it keeps on prompting for authentication. I wish the installation of SharePoint could have taken care off.
Anyways, you can run this to apply the change on the SharePoint servers.
Disable loopback check sharepoint 2013 registry
Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
You may have to restart the servers and will have run this from all of your SharePoint servers.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to create provider hosted app in SharePoint Online step by step
- Create an app catalog site in SharePoint 2016 on-premise and Online (PowerShell or Central Administration)
- Develop SharePoint workflows using visual studio as SharePoint hosted App
- Create Azure App and Deploy to SharePoint Online as an App Step by Step
- Install and UnInstall SharePoint 2013/2016 Apps/Add-ins using PowerShell
- SharePoint Online Develop SharePoint Hosted Add-in using Visual Studio 2015 Demo
- Top 25 SharePoint 2013 interview questions and answers
- Useful SharePoint URLs for SharePoint Developers
- User Information List in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
- Add Recycle Bin link in quick launch in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Hide Site Settings Gear icon for users other than owners in SharePoint 2013/2016
Tags: disable loopback check, disable loopback check sharepoint 2013, disable loopback check sharepoint 2010, disable loopback check sharepoint 2016, disable loopback check sharepoint 2013 Powershell, disable loopback check sharepoint 2013 windows 2012, disable loopback check sharepoint 2016 Powershell, disable loopback check windows 2008 r2, disable loopback check Powershell, loopback check registry setting, disable loopback sharepoint 2016
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.