In this case, we will discuss how to disable List Throttling in SharePoint 2010 using PowerShell script. There are many cases where you want to deal with huge amount of data in SharePoint list, whereas you need to bypass the threshold limit of a particular SharePoint list. So to override the default throttling settings. Just execute the below PowerShell to add list items more than the threshold limits.
If you are new to PowerShell, read an article on Working with PowerShell in SharePoint Online/2016/2013.
Disable list throttling SharePoint 2010 using PowerShell
Below is the PowerShell command which we can use to disable list throttling in SharePoint 2010.
web = Get-SPWeb -Identity http://SiteURL
$web.AllowUnsafeUpdates = $True
$list = $web.Lists[“ListName”]
$list.EnableThrottling = $False
$web.AllowUnsafeUpdates = $False
You may like following PowerShell tutorials:
- Enable or Disable List Throttling using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Delete List View using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013 and Set List View as Default view using PowerShell SharePoint 2013
- Powershell command to install activate feature SharePoint 2010
- Getting Started with PnP PowerShell – SharePoint 2013/2016/SharePoint Online
- Bulk SharePoint Online Site Collection Creation using PowerShell
- Create document library sharepoint online powershell
- Steps to add items from csv file to SharePoint Online List using PowerShell in CSOM
Once you run the PowerShell command the list threshold is disabled.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: