In this post, we will discuss some of the basic difference between SharePoint-hosted, auto-hosted and Provider-hosted apps in SharePoint 2013.
Get SharePoint Online (Office 365 Enterprise E3) Subscription for your Business NOW
Also, you can check out my previous posts on:
1. SharePoint-hosted apps, or apps where all components are hosted on either an on-premises or office 365 SharePoint farm. SharePoint-hosted apps are installed on a SharePoint 2013 website called the host web.
2. SharePoint hosted apps don’t incur charges for the developer as the app will be packaged and directly installed on customers SharePoint installation.
1. Auto-hosted apps are currently available only on Office 365. They differ from provider-hosted apps by fact that they are deployed fully to the cloud. SharePoint application is deployed to Office 365 and web application is deployed to Windows Azure-based cloud. All complex configuring is done automatically for you. You just write code and push Run to see how it works.
2. Currently, the Office store is not supporting the auto-hosted app so if you want to publish the app you won’t.
1. The provider hosted it will depend on the hosting provider I host my provider hosted the app on windows azure and as I have MSDN subscription you will have free 100 USD per month plus discount the app price will be determined by Traffic In/Out Size of the app data.
2. Provider-hosted apps for SharePoint include components that are deployed and hosted outside the SharePoint farm. They are installed on the host web, but their remote components are hosted on another server.