This SharePoint tutorial explains how to solve the design manager is missing option in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Recently, in SharePoint 2013 on-premise environment “Design Manager” option is missing as part of the SharePoint Site Setting gear icon. But the same solution will work to enable the design manager in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online.
Design manager is missing in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
In SharePoint 2013 “Designer Manager” will comes by default as part of publishing SharePoint site collection, if the site collection is created with team site template you need to enable publishing features.
Follow the below steps to enable “Design Manager” in SharePoint 2013 on-premise environment.
Click on site settings gear icon and navigate to Site Settings.
Enable Site collection features as part of Site Collection Administration.
Enable “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature.
Once the publishing feature is enabled as part of Site collection features navigate back to site settings (step 1)
Click on “Manage Site Features” as part of Site Actions in SharePoint.
Enable the “SharePoint Server Publishing” feature.
Now if you click on Site settings gear icon you can see “Design Manager”.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Activate SharePoint Server Publishing Feature programmatically using CSOM
- How to activate publishing feature in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell Script
- All about Publishing Infrastructure Feature in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016
- Enable Save Site as Template option in Publishing Site in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
- the RPC server is an unavailable error while installing SharePoint 2016
- Activate publishing feature in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- The server is busy now. Try again later in SharePoint 2013/2016
- 500 internal server error SharePoint 2013
- Create Page templates in SharePoint Online Modern Experience
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to enable the design manager is SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019