The Microsoft SQL Server Database Transaction Log (.LDF) file becomes very huge. It’s wasting lot of disk space and causing some problems if you want to backup and restore the database. We can delete log file and create a new log file with the minimum size.
So to delete log files, follow the Steps given below –
1. Backup the database
2. Detach the database
Right-click on the database => Tasks => Detach
3. Delete or rename the big log file (path:C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA)
4. Attach the database again
Right-click Databases => Attach
5. On Attach Database box, click Add.
6. Browser to the database (.mdf) file then click OK
7. Finally click OK.
8. You can see the new log file with the minimum size
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials