While creating “Power Pivot Service Application” I have encountered the below error message, but I couldn’t be able to see the application pool as part IIS physically. The error comes as:
Sorry, something went wrong.
An object of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPLisWebServiceApplicationPool named “Power Pivot Service Application” already exists under the parent Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPLisWebServiceSettings names “SharePoint Web Services”. Rename your object or delete the existing object.
Though we can’t see the application entry as part of Application Pools.
Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
We should say thank you for Microsoft for providing PowerShell command to delete the hidden Application pools.
Here are the commands for the same:
To list all the hidden Application pool(s):
Delete the Application Pool(s)
Remove-SPServiceApplicationPool -Identity ""
Examples / Output:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- User Information List in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
- Extend web application in SharePoint 2013 (using PowerShell and Central Administration)
- Update User Email ID using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- Alternate Access Mapping in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2013 alerts are not working
- SSRS version conflict issue in SharePoint2013
Once the application pool is deleted we can create the application pool with the same name.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)