In this post we will discuss about DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer computer name using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID.
It looks like below:
Read SharePoint PowerShell tutorials:
- Hide Document Library or Lists using PowerShell in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint 2013
- Increase SharePoint Online Storage Quota using PowerShell
- E-mail notification using PowerShell script in Office 365
- Change content type recursively using PowerShell SharePoint 2013
- GridView in PowerShell in SharePoint
Ensure that the remote computer is online.
– This problem may be the result of a firewall blocking the connection. For security, COM+ network access is not enabled by default.
– Check the system to determine whether the firewall is blocking the remote connection.
Disable Offload/SNP features from registry:
Check installation wizard and reconfigure correctly
Over DPM server agent should ping
Adding missing permission for above issue in component service.
Console Root -> Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config
After adding permission restart services and system. The Problem will get resolved.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: