In this post we will discuss about DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer computer name using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID.
It looks like below:
Read SharePoint PowerShell tutorials:
- Hide Document Library or Lists using PowerShell in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint 2013
- Increase SharePoint Online Storage Quota using PowerShell
- E-mail notification using PowerShell script in Office 365
- Change content type recursively using PowerShell SharePoint 2013
- GridView in PowerShell in SharePoint
Ensure that the remote computer is online.
– This problem may be the result of a firewall blocking the connection. For security, COM+ network access is not enabled by default.
– Check the system to determine whether the firewall is blocking the remote connection.
Disable Offload/SNP features from registry:
Check installation wizard and reconfigure correctly
Over DPM server agent should ping
Adding missing permission for above issue in component service.
Console Root -> Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config
After adding permission restart services and system. The Problem will get resolved.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)