In this tutorial, we will discuss how to solve the error, dcom was unable to communicate with the computer using any of the configured protocols or error dcom was unable to communicate with the computer 10028.
The full error looks like below:
dcom was unable to communicate with the computer 10028
Ensure that the remote computer is online.
This problem may be the result of a firewall blocking the connection. For security, COM+ network access is not enabled by default.
Check the system to determine whether the firewall is blocking the remote connection.
Disable Offload/SNP features from the registry:
Check installation wizard and reconfigure correctly
Over DPM server agent should ping
Adding missing permission for the above issue in component service.
Console Root -> Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config
After adding permission restart services and system.
You may like the following tutorials:
- The remote session was disconnected because license store creation failed with access denied. Please run remote desktop client with elevated privileges
- A timeout 30000 milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the SPWriterV4 service
- Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition sql server event id 2004
- How to check server health status check using PowerShell in SharePoint
- Windows Update service must be in running state error while installing AppFabric in Windows server 2012 R2
- the update installer operation is unsuccessful error while installing Dell drivers
- SharePoint Designer Workflow 2013 Error: Windows Workflow Foundation, part of .Net Framework 3.0, must be installed to use this feature
Here we learned how to solve error dcom was unable to communicate with the computer using any of the configured protocols.