This SharePoint customization tutorial we will discuss, how to customize the list view web part in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online. We will see here, how to remove add new item from the sharepoint list view or how to hide new item button in SharePoint Online list view.
We will also see how to change list view display name in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Remove add new item from SharePoint list view
Whenever you will create a view for a SharePoint list, you will see the +new item or edit link like that.
By default the SharePoint list view will appear like below:
We can able to hide those things as well as we can give a title like that. So to do some customization, edit the page. Then select the web part and click on Edit web part.
Then in the edit, In the List Views select Toolbar Type as “No Toolbar”. And then expand the Appearance and give the Title whatever you want like below:
Then in the Chrome Type, select as Title Only.
And the SharePoint list view will appear like below:
Change List View Display Name in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Now, we will see how to change list view display name in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
By default the SharePoint list view name comes as All Items and If you want to change you can change through SharePoint 2013 designer.
By default the view name comes as All Items or Any custom View Name as shown in the fig below:
To change, from the Ribbon click on Edit List as shown in the fig below:
Then click on the view for which you want to change like below:
Then Modify the DisplayName like below.
Then the modified list name will appear like below:
Similarly, If you do not want any name to appear, you can make the DisplayName as empty like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to Embed Facebook Page into SharePoint Online Modern Site Page
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
- How to hide Notebook and Site contents from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Change column ordering in list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- How to embed google maps in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add Google ReCaptcha in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 (Step by Step tutorial)
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Create site page option missing in SharePoint Online modern sites
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to remove add new item from the sharepoint list view and also, we saw how to Change List View Display Name in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.