After customizing the entire site user want to redirect all the non-existed users to different page with a custom access denied message. In this article I would like to walk you through the approach to update / associate a web application with a custom access denied page. The default access denied page for SharePoint 2013 resides at \Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\ AccessDenied.aspx
Please follow the below steps to change the default association:
1. Log on to SharePoint WFE environment with FARM admin account
2. Open the windows explorer and navigate to layouts folder
\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS
3. Create a new folder called “UserCustomPages” under LAYOUTS folder
4. Copy the AccessDenied.aspx page to newly created folder
5. Edit the access denied page with the custom message after “ms-accessDenied-reqDialog” tag as shown below
6. We can see in the below screen with default AccessDenied mapping and newly user created access denied page.
Note: You might have noticed that sharepoint associate the AccessDenied page as a relative path. The actual file resided in “\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\UserCustomPages” the relative path for the same is “/_layouts/15/UserCustomPages/UserCustomAccessDenied.aspx”
7. As soon as mapping completed login to sharepoint site with an un authorized user and it will show the below new user access denied page.
Hope this helps, enjoy customization in SharePoint !!!
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials:
About Krishna Vandanapu
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 12 years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials