This SharePoint BCS tutorial, we will discuss custom action on Business Data List Web Part in SharePoint2013. The action includes edit and deletes options on the popped up display form in SharePoint.
For performing edit/delete operations on the list item of external Lists, which is on the Business Data List Web Part, we need to fetch the external list item ID. A lot of people face difficulty in finding the external item ID. We have an external List and Business Data List Web Part with a custom hyperlink to fetch the display form.
The external list item ID for the edit/delete option on the display form can be found by fetching the value of BdcIdentity column. This value can be fetched by writing the REST API code, which generates the response and the value for which can be fetched and is shown in the following screenshot:
You need to edit the web part and add XSLT code:
The edit/delete option now comes on the Display form.
You may like following SharePoint BCS tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Export and Import BDC Model to Create External List
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List Part Two
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List
- There are no addresses available for this application error Message while configuring BCS SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 BCS error The metadata object that has Name yourname has a Property with name AuthenticationMode and value RevertToSelf.
- Create External Content Type Based on a Stored Procedure in SharePoint 2013 BCS
- SharePoint BCS: There are no addresses available for this application
- Business Connectivity Services BCS in SharePoint 2010
- Creating Business Data Connectivity Service using SharePoint Designer 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Disadvantages of external lists in BCS Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Business Data Connectivity connectors are currently enabled in a partitioned environment: SharePoint 2013/2010
Hope this tutorial helps to add custom Action on Business Data List Web Part In SharePoint 2013.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: