Create a global list or library web part in SharePoint 2010
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to create a global list or document library web parts in SharePoint server 2010.
Here we create the global list or library Web Parts using SharePoint Designer 2010. For creating follow these steps:
Open the site which list or library you want to “globalize” in SharePoint Designer 2010. Select Lists and Libraries from the left navigation pane.
Select the list or library you want to as a “globalize”. In the “Views” section on the right, create a new view and give the name. See in fig.
Now edit this view in advance mode and open design part and click anywhere. Now In the Ribbon UI, go to List View Tools -> Web Part tab
Click “To Site Gallery” from the “Save Web Part” section. Give it a name and a description. See in Fig
Click “Yes” when the message pops up. This ensures that the Web Part will point to the original source. In the browser, go to the site page where you want to display the Web Part.
Edit the page, insert a Web Part through the Ribbon UI or click on an “Add a Web Part” link within the page. Go to a Miscellaneous section within the Web Part menu and select the Web Part you saved. See fig.
Now you use that list/Library web part in a whole SharePoint site collection as a globally.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Map a SharePoint Document Library on Physical drive or local system
- Add a link to an external file share Path to SharePoint document library
- Rating Column in a SharePoint List or Library
- SharePoint list view group by month and year
- Hide new item or edit this list in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Filter SharePoint list item without code and Open hyperlinks in new window
- SharePoint 2013/2016: Download documents from document library programmatically
- Show total count of items in SharePoint 2013 list
- How to use SharePoint Alert Me feature in list or library
- Enable document information in SharePoint 2013
- Create OneNote Document Library in SharePoint 2013 Online
- Change SharePoint 2013 List Date Format from friendly format to Standard format
- SharePoint 2013 TypeError Cannot read property replace of undefined
- SharePoint 2013 Task list not aggregating to My Sites Tasks list
- Delete items or files based on conditions using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint List Validation Example: Announcement Expiry Date Should be greater than or equal to Created Date
- Switch to new document library view in Office 365 SharePoint Online
In this tutorial, we learned how to create a global list or library web part in SharePoint 2010 and use in the entire site collection.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.