In this post, we will discuss how to create a global list or document library web parts in SharePoint server 2010. Also, you can check out:
Here we create the global list or library Web Parts using SharePoint Designer 2010. For creating follow these steps:
1. Open the site which list or library you want to “globalize” in SharePoint Designer 2010.
2. Select Lists and Libraries from the left navigation pane.
3. Select the list or library you want to as a “globalize”.
4. In the “Views” section on the right, create a new view and give the name. See in fig.
5. Now edit this view in advance mode and open design part and click anywhere.
6. Now In the Ribbon UI, go to List View Tools -> Web Part tab
7. Click “To Site Gallery” from the “Save Web Part” section.
8. Give it a name and a description. See in Fig
9. Click “Yes” when the message pops up. This ensures that the Web Part will point to the original source.
10. In the browser, go to the site page where you want to display the Web Part.
11. Edit the page, insert a Web Part through the Ribbon UI or click on a “Add a Web Part” link within the page.
12. Go to a Miscellaneous section within the Web Part menu and select the Web Part you saved. See fig.
13. Now you use that list/Library web part in whole site collection as a globally.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: