1. First you create Empty SharePoint Project under SharePoint 2010. See in fig
2. Enter the valid SharePoint Site url and select the checkbox Deploy as a Form Solution and click on Finish. See in fig.
3. Now right click solution and add new item. Here you select the installed template List Definition. See in fig.
4. Give the name and Select the type of list. In this dropdown list we able to select Announcements, Calendar, Contacts, Custom List, Document Library, Links and Tasks. Now I want to create custom list so I am selecting Custom List. See in fig.
5. Now you able to see your Custom list under solution. Basically in list folder three file is showing list instance, Element.xml and Schema.xml. See in fig
6. If you want to change the display name of list. Than go to under your list definition and click on list instance and open the Element.xml and change the name like see in fig.
7. Now we add the column Product name and Product Description’s. Here in SharePoint list by default the Title Column is created. So we just change the column name Title to Product name. See in fig and add the following code under element’s tag.
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials