In this post, we will discuss how we can create a business data connectivity service using SharePoint designer 2013 in SharePoint 2013. Business Connectivity Services (BCS) provides the infrastructure that enables SharePoint to bring data from those external systems into a central system.
Read some SharePoint online tutorials:
– Download FREE PDF on HUB site in SharePoint online
1. Open SQL server 2012 and create a database name BCSDB and Table and add some item. See in fig
2. Now Open SharePoint Designer and Open your site in SharePoint designer 2013.
3. Now in Left Navigation Menu, under Site Object, you select External Content Types. See in fig
4. External Content Types you create by selecting the Icon External Content Types from the ribbon. See in fig and form is appear to See in the second fig
business data connectivity service SharePoint 2013 configuration5. Now you click on the link below to define data source. See in fig and fill the details
6. Now choose to Add connection. See in fig
7. A dialog box appears and select SQL server. See in fig
8. In the SQL Server Connection add the following details –
– Database server: the name of your server
– Database Name: the name of your database
– All to the following default. See in fig
9. While you wait a moment for a connection. See in fig
10. After successful connection, see in fig.
11. Now you right click on the Table, which is the action you choose to Create All Operations. See in fig
12. Click on Next
13. The selected columns appear to show up SharePoint List :
– ID: Map to Identifier check the Properties window and check Show In Picker Identifier. See in fig
– ColumnName: In the properties window check Show Picker. See in fig
– The Other columns you also check Show In Picker
14. Click on finish. See in fig
15. After the task to display the column you select Icon Creates List & Form. See in fig
16. A dialog box appears: Select yes
17. Wait to save the configuration program.
18. A dialog box appears: Click ok. See in fig
19. Back to your site and Select the list. See in fig
20. You will see the error occurs because users cannot be added to services. See in fig
21. For adding User in BCS services, go to central administration and Select Manage service application under Application Management. See in fig
22. Now you choose Business Data Connectivity service
23. The external content type you choose and select Set Object Permission from the ribbon. See in fig
24. Here add user and you choose the permissions for that user. See in fig
25. Back to your site and Press F5 to refresh page error, then see the following results. See in fig
26. You can edit Item and save it. See in fig
27. Now back to the SQL server and Execute a query for showing the result in Table. See the changes. See in fig
Hope this article will be helpful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online