In this post we will discuss how we can create an app part using visual studio 2013. If you have not downloaded yet, then you can download visual studio 2013 from here.
Also you can check out my previous posts on:
– Change column name of list using SharePoint 2013 client object model in autohosted apps
– Get icon for different file types in SharePoint 2010
– Add Custom Actions to List Item Menu in SharePoint 2010 Using SharePoint Designer 2010
Follow below steps:
1. To add a new App Part, simply right-click the app project while in Visual Studio and select Add -> New Item -> Client Web Part (Host Web) from the list of available item templates.
2. When you add an App Part to a project, a wizard will prompt you to enter some information about the App Part, as shown in fig.
3. Now add the content what you want to display in SharePoint page using app part.
4. Now deploy the solution and add the app part in page.
Following the step for adding the app part in your SharePoint page:
1. Go to your SharePoint page where you want to add app part and edit that page.
2. Now you click on insert option in ribbon and select the app part.
3. Now you able to see your app part name.
4. Select the app part and add and save as shown in the fig below: